Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Story of Stuff

The Story of Stuff -- WATCH IT. RIGHT NOW. ALL OF IT.

So I was thinking about getting a watch. A nice watch. Like this one:Hollatchaboy!
But then... good ol Sarah Lee had to put that link up on her fb status and just make me feel guilty about my materialistic ways. So I guess I won't be buying the watch as a self-congratulations for finishing midterms :(

But now that I think of it, it's been a weird transformation this semester, starting to care about these weird hippie social issues like sweatshops, the environment, and saving money. Freakin' Berkeley man... Oh and that guy Shane Claiborne...

Yes. My greatest fears are being confirmed. The high hopes I had for this semester in regards to serving the homeless and caring about money are beginning to fade away. I've done a good job not buying clothes, but when I really think about it, that's not really the problem. I don't have a clue on how to love the poor.

Dang... I think the more I learn about Jesus, the more I learn that I have more to learn. Not necessarily bad a thing, but difficult when you're looking for answers. But then again, why would I ever want a God that I can fully understand? ...

Well, good bye, sexy Nixon watch! We could have had something special, but you are merely a worldly item that moths and rust will destroy!!!!!!

Love, Nate

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that watch... :-/

Ariel said...

i watched that video.

Unknown said...

i'm not sure if i should comment on this post because it is from so long ago. i told myself i would comment on your next new post.
daaaang 3 comments in one post! you are popular heehe :)

Donald said...

well from the couple times that we did our Homeless ministry thing here in Davis, I've learned that the homeless people most of the time just want someone to talk to. So iono, if you want to find a way to show them love, perhaps just going up and talk with them?