Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 12. Forever.

Psalm 86:12
I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.

Ok, I'm not gonna lie on this one. This verse is kinda cliche. I'm sure it wasn't cliche back then. Or maybe it was. Probably not AS cliche because there was no mass culture or anything. But especially today, this verse is kinda cliche.

But in all seriousness, forever is a long time. Like, forever. Kinda like verse 2, which talked about doing stuff all day long, forever is a hecka freakin long time. Honestly, like honestly now, I don't even know if I could praise God forever without getting bored or distracted. Maybe that's because my idea of what praising God means is wrong. But dang, forever.

It's like getting married. I'm excited to get married. Not that I know who it's gonna be with or what it's gonna be like, but I imagine marriage is pretty tight.(What kind of political commentary am I making with this picture???)
Anyways, yeah... marriage is one of those things that's "forever" (atleast on this earth). People always talk about the fire fading or falling out of love or whatever, but I'm convinved that married life is gonna be the shizz.

Maybe I've become numb to the thought of eternal life from hearing about it so much. I bet it's like marriage, except a billion times more cool and exciting. I dunno... But I know the people that make the biggest difference in this world are those who are more consumed with the next.

No comments: